Terms & Conditions
UPDATED 13TH AUGUST 2023
Wedding & Event Stationery Terms & Conditions
1. Intellectual Property, for the purposes of this statement, is defined as follows: All art & design work, including graphic & website design, wedding & event stationery, samples, greetings cards, posters, logos & trademarks created by Dreamcatcher Events. All creations hand made by Dreamcatcher Events, including greetings cards, wedding & event stationery and samples. All printed works designed & created by Dreamcatcher Events
2. The Intellectual Property described above is owned completely by Dreamcatcher Events, who will retain copyright, and must not be used without express written permission. This includes all photocopying, printing, displaying or using it in any way that it is recognisable as the Intellectual Property of Dreamcatcher Events.
3. If anyone is found to be in breach of these terms and conditions, the offending party will indemnify Dreamcatcher Events for any legal fees accrued as a result of the breach. Lost profits incurred as a result of any such breach will be repaid by the offending party.
Terms & Conditions of Sale
For the purposes of this statement, all Intellectual Property (as described above) will hereafter be known as “design(s)”, and the person using our services will hereafter be known as the “client”
1. Dreamcatcher Events will supply the client with the design by the agreed date and time. The exact details of this will be on the quote supplied to you at time of booking.
2. Dreamcatcher Events will retain copyright of the design unless express written permission has been granted by us and the applicable fee paid. For designs requiring release of copyright, the fee will be dependent on the scale and type of use.
3. Any further use of the design required after delivery of the goods, must be done through Dreamcatcher Events, unless express written permission has been granted by us and the applicable fee paid.
4. The design fee is calculated using the time expected for the design to be completed at a rate of £20 per hour. The design fee must be paid before any work will commence.
5. The design will be produced from the information provided by the client and will include up to 2 amendments free of charge. Each amendment can include an unlimited number of changes. Thereafter, each amendment will be charged at £10.
6. The payment schedule on the invoice will state a start and finish date for each type of stationery ordered. This is the time allocated by Dreamcatcher Events to producing the design and completing the order. Design proofs will be sent to the email address given at the time of booking. Final fees for printed stationery are due when the proofs have been accepted and prior to the design being sent to the printers. Please see the payment schedule on the invoice for final dates for payment.
7. The final design will be sent via email for approval. If samples are required, fees will be payable to cover the cost of materials and printing.
8. Delays & Cancellations: The payment dates listed in the schedule section of the invoice & service agreement are the final dates for payment of the agreed fees so that the order is processed and completed on time. Where the payment is delayed, this may result in non-completion of the order by the finish date.
9. The client is reminded to check all details on the proofs and invoice thoroughly, as mistakes cannot be rectified once payment has been made and the Design has been sent for printing. Payment of the invoice constitutes acceptance of all the details contained on the invoice and the final design proof(s). In case of errors noted after payment has been made, the client will be responsible for all replacement costs.
10. Fees for all stationery items are non-refundable after the design has been sent to the printers.
11. Dreamcatcher Events do not accept returns of personalised items.
Hire Terms & Conditions
1. PROVISION, ACCESS & STORAGE: We will supply the following goods and services at the event: all items detailed on invoice & service agreement.
It is the client’s responsibility to ensure there is suitable space for the hired items at the venue, including access to and within the venue itself. It is the responsibility of the client to inform us if there are any loading restrictions at the venue e.g., steps or stairs, tight corners, steep hills, no lift access, etc.
Suitable lift access must be provided if the event is not on the ground floor. Failure to notify us may result in the equipment not being able to access the venue. Due to insurance restrictions, only persons employed by us are authorised to maneuver equipment. It is the client’s responsibility to check with the venue that they are happy for us to provide this service within their property. We will not be held responsible if we are unable to fulfil our obligations to the client due to inadequate access or storage space within the venue or where the venue has refused entry. Where we are unable to fulfil our obligations to the client due to the aforementioned reasons, this will incur the loss of the total hire charge.
2. REQUESTS: We will always attempt to honour any special requests made by the client. These should be advised at time of booking or no later than 28 days prior to the event
3. PACKAGES: As our packages are already discounted no further discounts will be applied to Glen Prosen, Glen Clova, Glen Isla & Glen Esk packages. For all packages, the price per person will not change, even if hire items are not required. However, items may be swapped for items of a similar value, subject to availability. Table runners and centrepieces included in the packages are based on seating 8+ persons per table. If you require table runners and/or centrepieces based on less than 8 per table, any additional will be charged at the full hire price. Flowers are not included with centrepieces and will be charged as extras. Where table plans and/or welcome signs are included, this will include a custom design printed table plan/welcome sign on 5mm Foamex board or any of the table plans listed on our website.
4. DELIVERY/COLLECTION: Delivery to and collection from your venue is available for all hire items. Smaller items may be collected from our premises at an agreed date & time and must be returned to us within 48 hours. We will always attempt to collect from the venue at the agreed date and time, however, this remains at our discretion. It may be necessary for us to collect earlier or later than the agreed time due to scheduling limitations of ourselves and the venue. Delivery is free within a 20-mile radius of DD10 8RB. Any additional mileage is calculated at £0.40 per mile and will incur the cost of two return journeys.
For customers not requiring delivery to the venue but collecting items from our place of business, we require 2 forms of identification:
· PHOTOGRAPHIC I.D. e.g., valid UK driving licence, passport, Young Scot card, CitizenCard, current EU national identity card
· PROOF OF CURRENT ADDRESS: Valid UK driving licence (if not used as proof of ID); utility bill dated within last 3 months, council tax bill for current year; credit card, bank, building society or credit union statement dated within the last 3 months; current tenancy agreement
5. DELAYED RETURN: All hired items must be returned to us or available for collection at the hire collection time detailed on the invoice & service agreement or a delayed return charge of £20 will be payable. A further charge of £5 per day will be payable until the equipment is returned to us. It will be the responsibility of the client to return the goods to our place of business. The goods must be returned within 5 days, or the full replacement cost will be charged, in addition to the delayed collection fees already incurred.
6. SAFE AND APPROPRIATE USE OF EQUIPMENT: All items provided by us will be listed and checked on delivery. All items listed must be returned to us in the condition in which they were delivered i.e., with no damage or equipment missing, except for acceptable wear and tear. This will be confirmed by us on collection of the items. Cloth items i.e. chair covers, sashes, table linen, backdrops & aisle runners are provided to the customer on the basis that they must be returned to us in a condition which allows them to be hired to future customers. This does not include dirt & stains which can be easily washed out and dry grass. Heavy staining requiring additional washing or specific chemicals to remove, burns, tears and holes are not acceptable. Chairs should not be stacked with chair covers on.
It is agreed by both parties that the hired items will remain stationary throughout the event. If the items require to be moved, this must be notified to and agreed by us at least 28 days prior to the event.
Please check with your venue that they are happy to move the items. If required, we will attend to move the items at the appropriate time. This will incur a mileage fee. If damage occurs to any of the items due to being moved by anyone other than Dreamcatcher Events staff, a repair or replacement fee will be payable.
We will ensure the goods are fit for purpose and provided to the client in a clean, safe and secure manner. Any attempt made to use the hired item(s) for anything other than their specific purpose or any action which may cause damage to the hired items, e.g., push, pull, climb on, etc will be deemed misuse of the goods. We will not be held responsible for any accident or injury caused by misuse of the goods, and the client will be held responsible for any damages or breakages incurred through misuse. Any accident or injury resulting from equipment failure will be deemed the responsibility of Dreamcatcher Events. We hold Public Liability Insurance and will provide details to the customer in the case of a claim against us.
Hired items are FOR INDOOR USE ONLY unless outdoor use has been agreed with us at least 28 days prior to the event. This may incur an additional cleaning charge.
Children should be supervised at all times as we cannot be held responsible if a child incurs injury from any of the items provided, notwithstanding our legal obligations to the client and their guests.
All damages will incur a replacement charge for which the client will be fully responsible. The client will be liable for any legal costs incurred attempting to obtain payment of these charges.
7. HOT FOOD: Notices will be put up in front of the machines to highlight the dangers to guests. Dreamcatcher Events will not be held responsible if the client or their guests incur injury through touching or handling the equipment. The equipment will be operated by trained staff only.
8. ALLERGIES: The client will notify Dreamcatcher Events of any known guest allergies or sensitivities at time of booking; Dreamcatcher Events will provide food based on the information given at time of booking and will attempt to offer an alternative to those with allergies. Where requested, Dreamcatcher Events will make all ingredient lists available to the client, highlighting all common allergens. Dreamcatcher Events cannot be deemed liable should any guests at the event have an allergic reaction to any food provided.
9. HYGIENE: All our goods are stored in a clean environment and all food storage & handling equipment is sterilised after each use. We are registered and subject to inspection by the Environmental Health department of Angus Council.
10. HIRE PERIOD: The hire period is 48 hours from the hire start time detailed on the invoice and service agreement. Longer hire periods may be agreed if notified at least 28 days in advance.
11. CANCELLATION: Cancellations must be notified to us BY EMAIL ONLY as soon as possible, so that the date can be opened up to other customers. Cancellation fees :
· Up to 14 days from date of booking: FREE
· Over 14 days from date of booking and up to 28 days prior to the event: Booking Deposit
· 14 - 28 days prior to the event: 75% of total booking fee
· Less than 14 days prior to the event: 100% of total booking fee
If Dreamcatcher Events require to cancel an existing booking, we will endeavour to find an alternative supplier to provide the goods & services, and where this is not possible, to provide a full refund within 48 hours.
12. AMENDMENTS: All amendments to the contract must be notified no less than 28 days prior to the event. Any amendment must be notified to us as soon as possible. Any amendments made within 28 days of the event will incur an administration fee of £25.
13. BOOKING DEPOSIT: A non-refundable booking fee, which is deductible from the total payment amount, is required at time of booking to reserve your chosen date. We will place a "hold" on your event date for 7 days from the date given on the invoice for the deposit to be paid. After this time, unless the booking deposit has been received, the date will be opened up to new customers.
Booking deposit fees:
· Weddings & events with over 30 guests: £100
· Weddings & events with less than 30 guests: 50% of total hire fee
For weddings & events booked less than 28 days prior to the event, full payment must be received within 48 hours
14. PAYMENT: We will receive the full amount payable no less than 28 days prior to the event. Non-payment by this date will be considered as cancellation and will incur a full loss of deposit. For bookings made less than 28 days prior to the event, full payment must be received within 48 hours. Non-payment by this time will be considered as cancellation.